- 1.0 – iPhone and iPad interface, support for multiple maps, offline reporting
- 1.1 – sharing via Twitter, sharing via email, sharing via SMS
- 1.2 – iOS 4 high-res retina icons, deployment map list
- 1.3 – locating maps near you
- 1.4 – edit pending reports, dragging map pins, Checkins
- 1.5 – bug fixes and minor improvements
We are proud to announce two important new features in the latest version: multi-lingual support and white-label functionality.
Ushahidi iOS now supports 18 languages including English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional, Hindi, Swahili, Arabic, Catalan, Japanese, Greek and Lithuanian.
Huge thank you to the Ushahidi community for helping translate the app, it was sort of fitting that the crowd helped us translate our crowdsourcing app.
Ushahidi iOS now supports white-labeling, allowing you to re-brand and publish your own customized stand-alone version to the App Store.
This has been a highly requested feature, and we are glad to finally have this functionality available to the community. Instructions how to white-label your own version of the app can be found in the README in the GitHub repository.
Download the new version of Ushahidi iOS at http://bit.ly/ushahidi_ios_app
What can you expect in future versions? Here’s a glimpse what we have in store: admin functionality, map pin clustering, push notifications, report commenting, custom fields, route tracking.
Is there a feature or improvement you’d like to see? Let us know.